Forward Looking is a non-governmental, not for profit organization. The Forward Looking has been implementing two programs. One is The Empowerment Program of Persons with Disabilities (EPP) and another is the Scholarship Program. The both Programs have been implementing by Forward Looking with grant support from Felm / Nepal. The Empowerment Program for the Persons with Disabilities has been implementing from 2009 AD and The Scholarship Program has been implementing from 2006 AD. The Empowerment Program for the Persons with Disabilities program aims to create an enabling environment for persons with disabilities (PWDs) to live a dignified life, enable self-reliance with active participation in society on an equal basis as others. The next program which has been implementing by Forward Looking is Scholarship Program. The goal is to transform lives of pupils with disabilities through formal educational support for dignified life, the scholarship program was introduced by the Forward Looking together with its international partner, The Finnish Evangelical Lutheran Mission (FELM/ Nepal), in 2006. Scholarship distribution is usually conducted in project districts. However, children with disabilities from across the country are granted scholarship to pursue studies in the capital. Annually, about 400 pupils with disabilities get scholarship grant from the Forward Looking.
The main aim of The Empowerment Program of Persons with Disabilities Program is to promote the effective participation of Persons With Disabilities in community activities and services including participation in local decision-making structures, providing support to act as change agents for the rights of all Persons With Disabilities and increase the income as well as employment rate of Persons with Disabilities Lalitpur district, Dhading district, Kaski district, Banke district, and Kailali district. Forward Looking has implemented several interventions through the program including:
- Forward Looking has implemented awareness-raising on rights of Persons with Disabilities through meetings, training, international and national day celebrations, Dristikon Radio Programme across the program implementing areas of the country.
- Forward Looking has implemented awareness on UNCRPD, UN conventions, national laws, program and service to teachers, Local Authorities, community leaders and other stakeholders
- Forward Looking has implemented Self Help Groups and Disabled Persons Organizations mobilization for Advocacy at local level and district level.
- Forward Looking has implemented Leadership and Group management training and skill development to Self Help Groups members around the working areas
- Forward Looking has implemented Vocational skills/technical training to Persons with Disabilities.
- Forward Looking has implemented direct support to Persons with Disabilities for small business activities or for employment activities.
In the initiation of Forward Looking, the project has formed Self Help Groups of Persons with Disabilities in the working rural municipality and municipality and has been providing vocational training, seed money support for income generation, and has mobilized the Self Help Groups for awareness-raising and advocacy related activities.